Thursday, September 17, 2009

LOUD WORDS...


          The leaves were swaying in the wind. The birds resting on the branch just flee off. The sight looked so very beautiful through the window of the auditorium I was seated in. I snapped back from my ‘nature lover’ trance when I heard the loud words ‘ FIGHTING CORRUPTION’. These wise words were coming from the speaker, whom I had conveniently tuned out for the last couple of hours.

          This renowned speaker had come to preach the newly discovered virtue of ‘Anti-Corruption’ to the young generation. He was seated on the stage along with two of his associates. One of the associates was done with his share of preaching. Another associate walked on to the podium with absolute confidence and flawless style. He started his speech by the golden words ‘corruption is like cancer....’ and went on with it. According to him corruption should be eradicated right from its roots. He put forth the idea that we should not bribe the traffic police if we are caught breaking the traffic rules. Instead we should pay the fine and ask for the receipt.

          I was absolutely impressed by this person and all his views of stopping corruption and bribery and creating a better and peaceful society to live in. I wanted to be a part of this noble movement. So, highly motivated, I went backstage after the session with the intention of joining his corruption fighting organisation. When I went there he was speaking to the other associate inside a closed classroom. I was about to knock but as you know curiosity is just not limited to cats. I decided to eavesdrop and I heard him saying, “The parking space here was so crammed with cars that the watchman refused to let me take my car in. I had to slip him twenty bucks in order to get a parking spot…..”      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger