Wednesday, September 19, 2012

All is Dust

Sometimes i still pretend that you are somewhere around me. It just gives me the strength to endure the cycle of mundane chores. Sometimes when the going gets tough....i hear those little words that you used to whisper in my ears to cheer me up. They still do, just like they did back then. Although, I'm not as efficient or as ambitious as i was back then. It's weird how everything that was so enticing once seems so meaningless now. I'm just an aimless wanderer now. A wanderer looking for a purpose to life. A vagabond, whom the world shuns and the average human, so engrossed in worldly pleasures, fails to fathom. Nothing matters as nothing is eternal. As the renowned  poet Percy Bysshe Shelley has rightly surmised:
"First our pleasures die - 
and then our hopes, and then our fears -
and when these are dead, 
the debt is due 
dust claims dust - and we die too.."

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger